Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Brooklyn in Tokyo


I left my mark on Tokyo! BROOKLYN, NEW YORK

I just came back from a nine-day trip to Japan, including Kyoto and Tokyo. Independence Bar in Asakusa (an area in the north-east side of the capital) is something to see. It was a gem among dive bars, like something you might find in Williamsburg around the Lorimer or Graham L train stops.

Independence has cheap beers – at least in comparison to the other parts of the city. Happy hour runs from 10-12 and the two lovely little Japanese girls who own/run the place will churn out both good and bad hip hop until dawn. Hell, they'll even let you DJ off of youtube if you want. They asked us to tag their billboard and the huge barrels they had. So, I did. Several times.


If you ever go there, tell them I say hi.

###

Bat For Lashes – Prescilla

No comments:

Post a Comment