Monday, June 15, 2009

Yello's "Oh Yeah" and Halloween

My dear friend was telling me about how she needs to be the hot girlfriend from Ferris Bueller's Day Off for Halloween solely because she recently bought some white fringed boots. I agree wholeheartedly. And it reminded me of the song from the movie that just says like "OH YEAH" – similar to the Kool-Aid man. (The lyrics actually go, "Oh Yeah. The moon. Beautiful. Oh yeah. The sun. Even more beautiful." How can you go wrong there?)

I decided to Youtube it to see if I could watch the part of Ferris Bueller that features the song. Even better: I found the music video.

I LIKE THIS SONG SO MUCH MORE AFTER THIS VIDEO:



Two guys making those noises and a little girl who is the sun and the moon? Brilliant. My favourite part comes at the end (2:53) where the men's silhouettes are fighting and point at the moon to distract their opponents.

As a side note, if another friend and I don't go ahead with our top-secret ideas for Halloween, I think I might just have to be Pikku Myy from the Finnish cartoon, Moomin. I look enough like her that it's so simple: I put a bun on top of my head, find a red dress, get a bow tie and, ka-ching, Halloween costume.

It's just a shame that no one will understand it in New York.

###

Matt & Kim – Daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment