Sunday, May 3, 2009

Moby-Dick: Smoke on the Water

I'm in the process of writing a paper about Moby-Dick and I decided to concentrate on smoking in the novel and what role it plays therein. I take it not many people think of that, or at least I hope not.

And, as I am a music person, I generally title my essays with music references. (I have used "This Modern Age" by The Strokes for a paper about Zoroastrianism in modern culture and "Bad News on the Doorstep," a lyric from Don McLean's "American Pie" for a journalism essay.)

This paper is now called "Smoke on the Water," after the song by Deep Purple. In the course of procrastinating and watching various live performances of the song, I found this:



That's amazing, and that's all.

###

Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water

No comments:

Post a Comment