Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Can Haz Party too, at Hope Lounge in Williamsburg

On my nights out, I usually go to the same places and see the same friends. Why? Cheap/free booze, friends!

But this weekend, I found myself at bars and parties that I rarely attend. And what do you know? My friend Nicky Digital, urban culture photographer extraordinaire, was at those places too! It reminded me how fun parties in New York can be.

Last night I moseyed over to Hope Lounge, which was having its grand Can Haz Party party – something Nicky Digital plays a big role in.

The party celebrates summer because of Hope Lounge's open Williamsburg patio – equipped with a grill (hence the name of the party, of I can has cheezburger fame). The bar, located at 10 Hope St. near Roebling, has musical guests like Kids With Snakes and The Bad Decision DJs, while bartenders make the liquor flow.

There's a bar at the patio outside, where you can order up your favourite grill item (whether its a cheeseburger or hotdog or whatever), with a side of chips. A table has all the condiments you need, but beware: the pickles aren't that great.

The event is perfect for a warm summer's night. Yes, you can haz party – and you can have a cheeseburger at the same time.


Keep in touch with this and other great parties by following Nicky Digital on his Web site, Myspace and Facebook. Follow his Twitter to know where to be and when for some of New York's best nightlife.

###

Patrick Wolf – The Magic Position

No comments:

Post a Comment